Determine Your Ring Size
We are happy to size your band for you for free within 30 days, you only need to ship the ring back to us.
We want to make your online wedding band purchase as easy and fun as possible. Ordering the perfect size is easy! We offer a free ring sizer to anyone interested in purchasing from e-Weddingbands.com. You can even order many of our rings in quarter sizes (6 1/4, 8 3/4, etc.). Unlike many online jewelry stores, we have a full-service manufacturing facility staffed with some of the best jewelers in the nation. We can size many of our precious metal bands to whole, half, and quarter sizes. Please contact us if your size is not listed, and we would be happy to see if we can make it for you.
Downloadable, printable ring sizers are found elsewhere on the net. We have found these paper sizers, and also string sizers, to be extremely inaccurate and encourage you not to use them. Our sizers are actual plastic rings that accurately measure your finger size.
Once you receive the sizers, follow these simple instructions:
- Make sure the ring is comfortable when it's on your finger. Relax your hand to see if your finger bulges on either side of the sizer. If so, it's too small, so try the next larger size. When you push the bottom of the band up from the back of your finger, there should be a small air space between the ring and the top of your finger. It is NOT important that the ring sizer slides easily over your knuckle! When a ring fits properly it should slide on easily, but will resist just a bit when coming off, even taking 2-3 seconds to get back over the knuckle. This is normal, and especially common with men, who typically have larger knuckles. If you size your ring to your knuckle, it will be too big on your finger. More sizing mistakes are made ordering rings too large than too small.
- Your finger size will change slightly throughout the day, depending on temperature, activity, etc. Fingers tend to be a little puffy in the morning, they shrink a little when cold and expand slightly when hot, but typically settle into a normal size during the day. For this reason we recommend that you measure your finger while in a normal temperature environment, and at the end of the day when your finger is its truest size. You will want your ring to fit perfectly and be able to be removed easily at this time.
- Please remember that the wider your wedding band is, the tighter it will fit. Our free sizers are approximately 4mm wide, but if you plan to purchase a wedding band that is extra wide--like 7mm or 8mm--you should order comfort-fit styles 1/4 size larger and non-comfort-fit styles 1/2 size larger than the size of your favorite sizer. If in doubt, choose the smaller size. Remember, more sizing mistakes are made by ordering rings too large rather than too small.
- Lastly, if your new wedding band arrives and initially seems to be a little too large or too small, we suggest you wear it for a few days to get used to it before exchanging it for a different size. Different activities and temperatures throughout the day cause our hands and fingers to constantly change, so it's normal to have a ring feel tight sometimes and loose other times--often in the same day! Wearing your new band for a few days will help you better determine if an exchange is necessary.
- Proper ring sizing is more of a personal preference than a perfect science, so even after following all of these helpful hints, sometimes the ring still won't fit perfectly. Don't stress! We are happy to size your ring for you within 30 days.
A couple of notes:
Have you had your finger sized by another jeweler? Please read about determining your finger size.
Many wedding bands are available in a comfort-fit style, which means the inside of the band is slightly domed, resulting in a very comfortable fit. The comfort-fit is especially recommended for men, because it is easier to squeeze over a large knuckle when putting your ring on or taking it off, and it's much more comfortable to wear once it's on. Comfort-fit wedding bands made with precious metals such as platinum and gold are a little more expensive than non-comfort-fit wedding bands. This is because of the extra precious metal required to make the inside of the ring domed. Alternative metal wedding bands such as tungsten and titanium automatically come with comfort-fit styling at no extra charge.
We strongly recommend comfort-fit styles for widths of 5mm and wider. On widths of 4mm or less, the comfort-fit advantage is not as noticeable, but because the rings are still more comfortable than standard wedding bands, we recommend the comfort-fit for all widths if your budget allows. See the difference between comfort fit and standard fit!
Because of the unique properties of tungsten, titanium, ceramic and cobalt chrome, it is not possible to re-size these bands; therefore, please take great care when sizing your finger for a titanium or tungsten wedding band.
Men's sizes or women's sizes?
Customers frequently ask us which are men's sizes and which are women's sizes. There really is no differentiation between men’s sizes and women’s sizes, and jewelers use the same set of ring sizers to determine finger sizes for both men and women. A man with smaller fingers may need to purchase a size 6 or 7, and a woman with larger fingers may need to purchase a size 9 or 10. Contrary to popular urban legends, rings are not sized like shoes, so there is no correlation between shoe size and finger size. Find the size that best suits you!
MM to Inches Guide
International Customers (non-US): See our International Sizing chart to help determine your size. You can also order a set of ring sizers for only $5 US dollars. This just covers the cost of shipping to foreign countries.